Last week marked a significant milestone for the UNIFY team as we had the incredible privilege of attending the highly esteemed G15 Ethnicity Awards. It was a brilliant occasion to collaborate with the G15 for the second year running to bring this event to life.
The air was charged with excitement, and a collective commitment to celebrating diversity permeated the atmosphere. Bearing witness to the well-deserved recognition bestowed upon exceptional individuals in housing left us deeply inspired.
Moreover, we were honoured to present Metropolitan Thames Valley CEO, Geeta Nanda, with the ‘UNIFY Special Recognition’ award, sponsored by our strategic partner, Gatenby Sanderson. This event served as a resounding reminder of the urgent need to foster inclusivity and create abundant opportunities for ethnically diverse individuals in housing.
Leaving the awards ceremony, we felt a renewed sense of purpose and determination to champion diversity and inclusion in housing. Together we can forge a more equitable and inclusive that benefits us all.
Follow us on LinkedIn to stay tuned on updates of our future events.
You can find out more about each of the winners on the G15 website here:
- Resident Focus Award Winner – Corrine Williams – Peabody
- Early Housing Career Award Winner – Ohenewaa Adu-Akyeampong – Southern Housing
- Supportive Colleague Award Winner – Rebecca Burton – Network Homes
- Future Leader Award Winner – Bukky Awokoya – A2Dominion
- Ethnicity Ally Award Winner – Sarah Willis – MTVH
- Ethnicity Colleague Network Group Award Winner – Kaleidoscope – L&Q
- Outstanding Achievement Award Winner – Chichi Onyenemelu – The Hyde Group
- UNIFY Special Recognition Award Winner – Geeta Nanda – MTVH
A huge congratulations to all those who were nominated, once again, and to our winners.